I feel sorrow for the families of both victims, and shooters family. It is a hard thing to accept on both sides. That a friend or family member uselessly had their life terminated, or suffered injury. Some of which could prove to be a life altering thing. I am certain the memory will always be life changing. The shooter’s family, because it has to be hard to accept the fact that someone you knew,cared for, and LOVED, could possibly be involved in such a cowardly act.
By the way ISIS has reportedly admitted they were behind the attack. CAN YOU SAY “TERRORIST”? Apparently Barack nor Hillary can’t.
Hillary and her gun hating lemmings will have a field day with this one as they always do. It seems they look forward to unfortunate events, (I don’t particular like to use “event” here but, I think it adequately fits, the way Hillary/Barack look at this); It gives them a exvuse to strut their DIS-ARMING AMERICA agenda. I can’t help but wonder how they would feel if the people they have guarding them were to suddenly lose the guns. Then the agents would not be there. I can’t afford to hire people to be my personal guards. That would put them on equal ground with me. Walking around in a city or country side with no means to protect me from harm. Many times I read of people in perfectly NICE neighborhoods being injured or killed. Not just guns,…. But Knives, Arrows, Strangulation, Arson. Beaten to death, just to name a few. Many times when I go to major sporting events, or Conventions, I must make my way on dark streets, or by alleyways, or even recessed doorways. AND don’t give me that old “police presence” will protect me. I could be attacked and my assailant far away before the nearest police officer could come to my aid. BUT, if I get to my destination I most likely not be allowed to have any means of protection on me. Thus I am open to attack. Excuse me for straying a little, however I believe it is important in relating my feeling on these MASS KILLINGS.
1. Have these anti gun people realized. MOST ALL, of these mass killings have been in “gun free” zones. Schools, Churches, even Government buildings, or annexes. Cowards will take a path of least resistance. FIFTY people killed. I just can’t help but wonder why so many killed and injured before police arrived. After all according to the anti gun people this is why we have them to protect and prevent something like this from happening. Always in the right place at the right time. (Apparently even after they arrived). Perhaps if one or two of the patrons, or employees had a a legally permited GUN; MAYBE, JUST, one of them could have stopped the perpetrator, before all of the death and injury. HOW, many people might still be alive? Uninjured? If only HALF of them, heck even one would have been saved. Isn’t that worth something? Apparently not according to those who want to be like Hitler, and those others whose first steps were to disarm the citizenry). GEE! Just think if the British had of thought of this we COULD all still be British subjects, OR overrun by some other country.
2. While, as a CHRISTIAN, I can’t condone homosexuality. But neither do I wish to give up my rights to them either. I, in fact, still can’t stop wondering if a boy in a neighboring school, of mine, who everyone knew was a homosexual, but no one I know of treated him any differently, BUT the fact that when he “hit the beach” of Viet Nam, It was reported he was the first one killed. Enemy coincidence, or was he killed by “friendly fire” I have always wondered about that. I am affronted by their constant public displays (as a group), (“LGBT”). It would appear to me, this group of people were not hurting anyone, they were not blatantly displaying their sexuality in anyone’s face, The assassin may have been known to some of the club attendees, as it was stated he was a “REGULAR” at the club. BUT it is not my place to judge them. That is up to GOD. I am not qualified to say what his Judgement will be. I guess I am more offended by what appears to me a CALL to put my religious beliefs on the back burner while demanding I accept their lifestyle. I treat all people equally, unless they give me reason not to. Being Homosexual is not one of them. But I would surely like to be able to use the word “GAY” properly, and not have it confused with homosexual . As it is now used, apparently everyone in the 1890’s were homosexual. “GAY NINETIES” We even had a little eating place “very small, really good food. The name was GAY DAN’S. ( meaning a fun place to eat, apparently owned by someone named DAN). When homosexuals became associated with the word “GAY” the small eating chain had to close it’s doors.
3. Need for more extensive background checks? EXCUSE ME! I believe the FBI investigated Omar Marteen at least 3 times, before he purchased his weapons. Why this didn’t trigger a flag on the background check is beyond me. That seems pretty EXTENSIVE to me. In the state where I live we have the NICS background check, even when purchasing a squirrel rifle. I also know IF there is a flag of something unverified, or whatevere reason, the inquiry comes back with a hold, ( I think of 5 or 7 days), so a more extensive background check can be made.
4. A woman I recall being interviewed about gun laws, stated, “All anyone has to do is go online and buy a gun and have it shipped to his door.” Ignorance of the law is no excuse. In my state, YES! I can go online and order a gun. BUT….it will not be shipped to my home. It WILL be shipped to a local licensed dealer who will, at a nominal add on fee, proceed to to perform all the necessary processes, (BACKGROUND CHECKS), Before I am allowed to take possession of the weapon. I have a friend whom owns a gun store about 20 miles away. But because i live in a different state he cannot sell me a gun, without going through the same procedure. Send to a nearby Licensed dealer , who will finish the sale, as described above.
I am still not sure I will get a permit to carry or a gun. WHY? I am not sure I am willing to use it. Although I suppose it would be better to have a permit and weapon, and not use it than to not have them and wish I had in an instance where my or my family and friends are in need of such protections. But on the other hand taking a life, even in self protection is a hard call. I know in basic training I was told “You will shoot”.
5. Just an afterthought. Has anyone considered this possibility? ISIS or al-Qaeda ARE NOT REALLY MUSLIM, OR ISLAMIC. BUT A GROUP, OR GROUPS, HIDING BEHIND THE CLOAK OF ISLAM TO SEEK WORLD DOMINATION? OR, HOW ABOUT THIS AN ANTI MUSLIM FACTION. YES WHAT WOULD BE A BETTER WAY TO DO IN SOME ONE YOU DISLIKE THAN TO MAKE THEM THE TARGET OF WORLD SPURN? Talk among yourselves.
As always this is my opinion.
That Is How I See It.
P.S.: I was recently asked about “How do you feel about GUNS where the MAIN Refreshment, is Alcoholic beverage?”.. Alcohol like Drugs do not make a good mixture with guns, or any type of weapon.